I’ve been wanting to have something for the longest time but never did my husband give in to my fancy. He knows I’m discovering a lot of things about myself and the things that I want to do. To “overwhelm” is not in his vocabulary. So he made sure he walks with me and stop with me to smell the flowers in each discovery I made about myself. And yes, he always has the best timing and just knows when to drop in on a sweet surprise.
So on my birthday he made sure I will get that much awaited something.
Sewing and crafting are on the list of the things I love doing. And yes you can say I’m a big fan of Martha Stewart. I love that woman; she inspires me a lot to also squeeze my creative juices to come up with really nice stuff.
I am thankful for having a husband who supports me in the things I love doing. My birthday has never been the same since eight years ago when I met him. It’s not that I always get what I wanted or that I always get to unwrap a special gift or whatever. It’s just uniquely special on its own way every year.
I believe it pays to have a great partner in life to experience every good thing there is to life. But more than that I believe that it requires to have a heavenly partner in your marriage to guide you every step of the way. My husband can give me the world but without partnering with God, life will just be about the world where you can easily get lost and confuse.
Thank you Lord for giving me the best gift, wrap in the presence of my husband (plus a bonus gift wrapped in the presence of my 4-year old son and the soon to come bundle of joy.) I am truly loved by You!
Psalm 21:6For You make me to be blessed and a blessing forever; You make me exceedingly glad with the joy of Your presence.
What a year 2012 has been. It was so refreshing to know that 2012 was a year of great things not only for me but also for most people I know. Words from thankful hearts and spirits flooded my Facebook page, which will also make you nod and agree that indeed 2012 was a great year.
Looking back, I was reminded of so many things that made 2012 one of the best.
1. My 33rd birthday was extra ordinary.
2. Lea & Perrins – it was a realization of once just a dream to appear in a commercial. God really has His ways of surprising me.
3. Culinary School – it was an answered prayer to attend cooking class and it’s a big bonus of going there with Kris.
4. New People – meeting new people who became a part of our lives is something. I am thankful that we are always given the opportunity to meet new people whom we share with, learn from and inspire with our experiences.
5. Pregnancy – getting pregnant with our second is such a blessing. It’s not exactly what I was wishing for since I want a girl but just the same it’s the sweetest thing to have another boy.
6. New Home – living in a condo is something but having a place of our own is just amazing.
7. Crossroads Hostel – Kris has been into few different businesses but having the hostel business is bringing the best in him in all aspects where he is really good at, customer service, hospitality, and marketing, these are all innate in him.
8. Boracay Vacation – with all the things happening, Kris and I thought that a vacation is not possible. But thank God that we were able to take a break and took Isaiah to the beach where he truly enjoyed his first.
9. Women’s Group – it’s always fun to spend time with women I share the same faith with. At some point, all our schedules just didn’t sync and we stop meeting for a while. Thank God that after our 4-month course in culinary school, I’m back to meeting with them. Nothing can be more rewarding than that.
10. Investment – one of the things I am really praying for is wisdom in managing our finances. 2012 is definitely the year that the word ‘investment’ kicked in significantly to Kris. Suddenly he’s all about into investing and building funds for the future.
11. Family Reunion – who doesn’t love family gatherings, right? Our generation in my side of the family had started this tradition since we were still in grade school. From a simple kiddie exchange gift to different color theme every year, it evolves into costume party in the last four years. What makes it more fun is that our folks got to enjoy them as much as we (young ones) do.
12. New Year’s Eve Accommodation – it’s unusual to spend the holidays without my in-laws but Kris and I are happy that my mom-in-law got to enjoy her time cruising Asia on Christmas and New Year. So we as a family of three checked in the nearby Ace Water Spa Hotel. It was truly a relaxing staycation while saying goodbye to 2012.
I think it’s understatement to say that 2012 is a great year. All I have listed here are part of my faith goal when I welcomed 2012… how faithful my God is for fulfilling His promises and giving me a BLESSED 2012.
It’s true that there’s no amount of round fruits, polka dot shirts, and lucky charms dictate my future. No animal will say I am fortunate or not for the next twelve months because all the years ahead are the years of my Lord and only Him dictate what lies ahead.
Welcome 2013! You are just as amazing.
Psalm 90:12 Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.