I never knew what Thanksgiving tradition is until I met my husband Kris. If there’s one thing he likes most about his eight years stay in California, it’s Thanksgiving Day. Since he came home five years ago, he makes it a point to celebrate it here with the family. And thankfully, we were able to spend it too with some of our good Filipino American friends here in the Philippines.
For the last three years, we’ve been celebrating Thanksgiving in Heat, Shangri-La. This year, we missed our good friends Rob and Samantha Johnson but I am happy knowing that they definitely had the best Thanksgiving celebration with Rob’s family in Nebraska.
Thanksgiving has grown in me and it’s something I wish we had here in the Philippines to celebrate with our family and friends. Lechon can be our version of turkey while family and loved ones sit down all together sharing the things we are thankful for. It’s just perfectly good to count your blessings and share the goodness of life. I love Americans for that.
So what are the things I am specifically thankful for this year? There are a lot of and I want to name few of them here.
1. Passion – I never knew what this word means to me. In fact it was the most difficult question for me to answer. But I thank God that through a lot of self-discoveries and breakthroughs, I was able to define it now.
2. Friends – I am surrounded with people whose lives are a testimony of God’s faithfulness in every way.
3. Inspirations – I am an inspiration-driven-person. The absence of it makes me feel so lousy. So God made me able to see the beauty in everything and anything where I can draw even the smallest piece of inspiration.
4. Answers – I got a lot of it in any form imaginable, God hears my prayers every time, anytime.
5. Opportunities – In everything I prayed for, God has always given me an opportunity to be what I prayed for and to get what I asked of.
6. Son – Isaiah is a joy whose life keeps me amazed at how mighty God is.
7. Husband – From the time he was just a friend up to being my better half, he never fails to bring out the best in me.
I am thankful for my life and for all the things that I was made of because each and every one of those lives for the glory of God.
Happy thanksgiving everybody!